Student Advocacy & Support will be closed Friday, December 23, through Monday, January 2, 2023, during the university's holiday closedown. If you're in crisis, please call 402.472.7450 and follow the prompts for immediate assistance (24/7).
Submitting a Student of Concern Report
- Give the context for your observations.
- If possible, carefully describe changes in student behavior.
- If possible, identify other sources who can confirm your observations.
- Use concrete descriptors for behavior observed.
- Maintain impartiality, particularly if in conflict or at odds with the student.
- Only include relevant information.
- Report early even if you are unsure it is a concern. The case manager will reach out to you after you submit the report.
- Making conclusions about individual’s state of mind or thoughts
- Personal judgements
- Extraneous information
- Diagnostic or clinical terms
- Reaching conclusions or making recommendations
- Criticizing other university staff/faculty
- Blaming or attributing student distress